Castle Course, St Andrews

Castle Course, St Andrews

Client: The Castle Course
Type of works: supplied two sets of 2400mm high double gates incorporating Italia-80 steel louvred panels

The Castle Course is the newest addition to the St Andrews' portfolio of golf courses, opened in July 2008. The architectural brief was for a prestigious clubhouse with a low environmental impact and features a circular design, clad in Scottish sandstone with a copper roof.

Lang+Fulton were asked to supply two sets of 2400mm high double gates incorporating Talia80 louvred panels, which would effectively screen off the service area to the rear of the clubhouse, while still providing some through-visibility for security.

The 3800mm wide sliding gate to the west elevation was specially made as a bi-parting design to withstand the strong wind loadings that could be expected at such an exposed site.

The double-leaf hinged gate was 2100mm wide. The steel gates were hot-dip galvanised and supplied in a polyester powder coated finish (RAL 8011) for maximum resistance to corrosion at a coastal location.

The gates were fitted with high quality euro-profile cylinder locks and anti-lift drop bolts.

Add to Project Board

Create a new project board:

View Fencing compounds Product Entry
Lang + Fulton

Lang + Fulton

The company of Lang + Fulton has a long history since its foundation in 1781 during which its activities have revolved around steel products and ship owning. For the last 30 years it has specialised in the supply of steel fencing and grating products...
View company profile
T(0131) 441 1255
F(0131) 441 4161
WVisit Lang + Fulton's website
 Newbridge Ind Est, Newbridge, Edinburgh, EH28 8PJ



Make an enquiry to Lang + Fulton

You may also be interested in this related Case Study: Balcony decking for Here East Innovation Centre Read Now