Client: Days Inn Hotel
Type of works: design, manufacture and supply of Ecocamel aerated shower heads.
The Days Inn Hotel in Hyde Park London, affiliated to the Wyndham Hotel Group, decided to complete a retrofit of 57 bathrooms by installing the Ecocamel aerated shower head. These replaced Mira units which had been installed for 3 years. No other water-saving or energy-saving devices were installed or fitted. In July 2009, Ecocamel carried out a water and energy audit to determine combined costs of water and gas plus flow rate of shower heads and taps.*
- Gas costed at 0.48p per cubic meter.
- Water costed at 1.80p per cubic meter.
- Flow rate with old shower heads; 13 litres per minute.
- Flow rate with Ecocamel shower head; 7 litres per minutes.
- Saving : 6 litres per minute.
- Cost of water per room per annum £72.00
- Cost of gas per room per annum £116.00.
- Total average cost per room per annum: £188.00.
- Total average combined water and gas cost per hotel (bathrooms only): £10,716.
- Cost of water per room per annum: £39.00.
- Cost of gas per room per annum: £63.00.
- Total average cost per room per annum: £102.00
- Total average combined water and gas cost per hotel per annum (bathroom only) £5814.00
- Total annual savings: £4902.00 - Cost of shower heads: £738.15 - Payback (ROI); 1.7 months.
"I made my decision to use EcoCamel for two reasons; Firstly the savings I made - the ecocamel shower heads will save me annually over £4,000.00 off the combined energy and water cost per hotel, secondly the shower head gave a very refreshing and excellent shower experience, which is very important to me and made my decision to use EcocCmel shower heads very simple." Thimmaiah Gummatira - General Manager, Days Inn Hotel.
*Number of rooms 57. 0ccupancy of the hotel was 98.3% (figures calculated on 100% occupancy). Figures were conservatively based on a 5 minute shower per customer.