The noise of children screaming, people diving, echos swimming pools are normally very noisy public areas. Reducing sound resonance, without spoiling the atmosphere, is often a major requirement, but difficult to achieve because of the humidity level.
Mermet, creator of hi-tech fabrics made of coated glass fibre, with its Acoustis®50 fabric provided a simple yet effective solution with the installation of a tensile structure at the Chauray aquatic centre.
Tested by an acoustician, there has been a demonstrable improvement in the acoustic correction of the pool hall since April 2009. Over the summer months, swimmers will really feel the benefit.
Constructed from a three-dimensional framework, both aesthetic and hi-tech, the Chauray swimming pool structure required complete refurbishment. The old solution using a fabric covered with mineral wool was successful from the acoustics point of view, but has suffered significant deterioration over time (eventually the mineral wool had to be removed).
The product sought after by the acoustician needed to be a decorative, non-fibrous and durable fabric, with acoustic properties at least equal to those of the original solution (average reaction time ≤ 1.5s).
The installation of Acoustis® 50 by Mermet proved successful thanks to:
• its coated glass fibre weave and special patented acoustic weft which enable it to absorb sound waves without the addition of fibrous materials or foam, i.e.:
- a light acoustic solution, very thin, which is easy to install
- obvious decorative advantages with 12 different colours available
• its rot-proof qualities and thermal resistance which enable it to be installed indoors or outdoors, guaranteeing a healthy atmosphere in even the most humid environments
• its high mechanical resistance to breaking, tearing or folding and its perfect dimensional stability, enabling it to be installed in a tensile structure
• its safety guarantee. With a non-flammable fire classification, certified to Greenguard® and Oeko-tex standard 100, and bearer of the Enduris Glass Core quality label, Acoustis® 50 meets all the requirements for use in public areas
In total, 108 triangles (3m x 3m x 3.90m) of Mermet® panels, thats 670m2, were used.
View Acoustic Fabrics Product Entry