The Safety Letterbox Company in association with the Fire Research Laboratory worked together to create a range of one-hour fire rated (integrity only) mailboxes.
Particularly suitable when mailboxes can only be positioned within a designated fire escape route or banked in a post room which must be fire rated.
The products in this section were required to satisfy the integrity criteria given in BS476 Part 22 1987 Clause 8 for a period of 60 minutes.
In addition to the above, the mailboxes can be further enhanced by applying a finish which would conform to London Underground surface spread of flame requirement BS476 Part 6 & 7
- A range of 1 hour fire rated British manufactured mailboxes
- Special fire rated locking mechanism
- Strategically placed intumescent closures
- Suitable for internal domestic and commercial use
- Supplied in an A4 vertical or horizontal configuration
- Mail can be delivered in the front/out the front, in the front out the back or in the back out the front
- Suitable for surface fixing, free standing wall recessing and panel fixing
- Can be manufactured and supplied in banks to suit client requirements
- Vandal resistant anti leverage door
- Supplied on a number of sizes and RAL colours
- Fire resistant to BS476 part 22 1987 clause 8
For more details click here
View Commercial Mailboxes Product Entry