Qubiqa Shade 2-Tier System
The benefits of Qubiqa's Shade 2-Tier System:
(1) Less expensive than manual shelving on a ground floor with a mezzanine designed to take mobile shelving over this with manual shelving on top.
(2) Better capacity than the above as no pillars are needed to support the 2Tier floor (this is supported on the static units).
(3) Better capacity than above solution. Due to the relatively slim steel grid floor more shelving levels are often achieved.
(4) Less expensive than manual shelving on ground floor plus manual shelving on a structural first floor as there is a very substantial cost saving on the construction costs of the First Floor level which has to be designed to take mobile shelving within minimal deflection tolerances.
(5) Cost savings on M & E for Ventilation/Air Flow compared to (4) as the steel grid floor allows air to circulate freely.
(6) On new builds the height of the building can be less as the 2Tier Floor is not as thick as a structural floor. Again costs savings are made here on build, heating, cooling, lighting and M&E.
(7) No Health & Safety or access issues compared to single tier double height mobile shelving.
(8) User gets an Electronic system with faster, easier access without having to wind along heavy units. Also the user gets a system which links to database to facilitate quicker and easier picking. Essentially the user benefits from this complete Record Management System rather than just a storage system. And all for less than a manual system solution!!
Qubiqa have 2-Tier installations in the Glasgow Museums Resource Centre, University of the Arts/Central St Martins College, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland, Edinburgh City Archives plus many more overseas. This system is particularly popular with archives because of its space saving features in areas with height.