RonaDeck Resin Bound Surfacing has been used in a major refurbishment project undertaken by Graham Construction on behalf of Argyll and Bute Council.
The construction plan for the Helensburgh Office Rationalisation Project had five main parts.
• Demolishing two buildings that were surplus to requirement.
• Constructing a new sea defence wall for flood protection.
• Refurbishing three existing Grade B listed buildings.
• Constructing a new two storey steel frame extension, providing a contact centre, office space and support accommodation.
• Forming a landscaped area, car parking and access roads on the main development site plus an overspill car park.
The three Grade B listed buildings had previously been Clyde Street School and were built in 1903 and designed by Alexander Nisbet Paterson.
The refurbished buildings and the new extension provide new community spaces which comprises a café, marriage suite, gallery and meeting rooms. The extension houses over 140 Argyll and Bute Council staff.
The landscaped grounds are open for public use; these include an outdoor events and marriage area plus a community garden.
Product and application
1,125sqm of RonaDeck Resin Bound Surfacing was installed to the landscaped areas by Ronacrete Approved Contractor Pebbo, the aggregate blend used was Maple Harvest.
RonaDeck Resin Bound Surfacing provides an attractive, easily maintainable, slip resistant surface enhancing the landscaped areas near the Helensburgh council offices and helping provide a pleasant outdoor area that can be enjoyed by the local community.
View Surfacing, resin-bonded and resin-bound Product Entry