ThermaSkirt-e Skirting Board Heating
ThermaSkirt-e is a new form of direct electric heating, designed to replace electric storage heaters and panel radiators, as well as provide a more practical, controllable and reliable alternative to electric under floor heating.
• Combines skirting boards and heating system into one simple, cost-effective package
• Creates a more spacious environment with no trip or fall hazards by eliminating radiators from walls
• Made from an aluminium alloy that is 5 times better at emitting heat than steel
• Heats up fast like a radiator but has the comforting feel of underfloor heating when in operation
• Can work with various floor construction or finish such as timber, concrete, wood, carpet, etc.
• Connected to a standard 220/240V switched fused supply via a programmable thermostat
• Specially developed controls learn the heating characteristics of a room to maximise efficiency
• Provides clean, hygienic heat with no grilles, slots or fins to attract and trap dust and bacteria
DiscreteHeat have developed a unique thin film heating element that is bonded to the rear of a radiant panel which has been specifically designed to look like a typical skirting board profile. These panels are simply cut to size and installed using an insulating rear-mount fixing all around the room – just like a skirting board.
Once the ThermaSkirt is switched on the face of the panel heats up and radiates heat into the room in the same way that underfloor heating does but as it’s all above ground response times are much quicker and the room heats up in minutes rather than hours. ThermaSkirt can help you reduce your energy consumption and keep costs to a minimum.
ThermaSkirt-e is controlled by a specially developed electronic thermostat that ‘learns’ the heating characteristics and warm up times of the room to maximise efficiency. The time and temperature settings can be individually configured in a matter of minutes to provide a tailor-made solution to your heating needs.
Built into the TherMiser 3E control is an air sensor which turns the heating on once the temperature of the air drops below the pre-set temperature (and switches off again once that temperature has been reached).
A probe capable of limiting the temperature is also supplied with the thermostat for applications where low surface temperature heating is required (such as in schools, care homes and hospitals). This will allow you to set the maximum surface temperature of the skirting and when it reaches that temperature the heating turns off.
As these thermal images demonstrate, when the ThermaSkirt is switched on the skirting length heats up and radiates heat into the room in a similar way to underfloor heating but as it’s all above ground it responds much quicker, typically heating a room from cold in around 20 minutes.
The result is an all-around even distribution of comfortable heat, with no draughty area’s or cold spots. Radiant heat produced from low level has proven to be more effective and economical than convectors such as electric panel radiators & storage heaters.