The data centre is often the heart that pumps the lifeblood into your business without you noticing much. The data centre can be plagued with a lot of problems and most people do not really understand it. But if you plan and make good use of the efficiency and reliability of the data centre, you can reap rich rewards.
• You need to measure the cables a lot before you install them at the data center. This will help you solve the tangled mess and will cut short the expensive messes seen most often. In the end, you can actually save a lot of money and effort if you measure up in time!
• Make sure that you begin with labelling the cables. If there are cables that have lost the connection and have to be terminated, then start off with labelling the existing ones. You can scramble and unplug many of these cables but try slapping them in the first place so that no untoward incident happens.
• Do not buy cheap cables to begin with. This may cause a lot of problems in the long run. Maintenance and proper terminations of sagging and dead cables is also must. Start off meticulously and reap the rewards much later when the problems are minimized and much easier to deal with.
• Remember to have servers that are within a foot of each other’s distance. Do not have patch cables that run too short. It is must that you have shorter cables in fact. The longer they are, the more tangled and confusing they become without any reason!
• Finally, have a distinct color code for the cables in all the servers. Do not use random colors though, but ensure they are colored according to tradition.
View Metal Grommets Product Entry