Gradus has supplied and installed a comprehensive wall protection system at the new Northumbria hospital, which is the first purpose built dedicated emergency care hospital in England.
The complete wall protection system, installed throughout the hospital, includes wall guards, corner guards, sanparrel, rubrails and 940 handrail. Neutral colours of Muslin (beige) and Pewter (grey) were chosen to complement the fresh and contemporary interior.
Designed to meet guidelines in BS 8300:2009+A1:2010, Approved Document M (2010) and Approved Document K (2013), the 940 handrail was curved to echo the unique curved design of the building, whilst offering pedestrian guidance and support and helping the hospital to meet their duties under the Equality Act 2010.
In addition, Gradus supplied Stratus carpet tiles in Jet Stream, which have been installed throughout the office wing and market leading RXT351 PVC-u hardnose stair edgings with an Xtra-grip insert to all of the hospital’s staircases, helping to reduce the risk of slip and trip accidents in line with the guidelines in BS 8300:2009+A1:2010 and Approved Document M of The Building Regulations 2010.
• Sanparrel PVC-u Sheet – Colour: Muslin 103
• R6 Rubrails – Colour: Muslin 103 • 150 Series High Impact Corner Guards – Colour: Muslin 103
• 1600 Wall Guards – Colour: Muslin 103
• 180 Series Stainless Steel Corner Guards – Colour: Muslin 103
• 940 Handrail – Colour: Pewter 107
• Stratus – Colour: Jet Stream 06506
• RXT351 PVC-u hardnose stair edgings – Colour: Granite with Xtra-grip insert – Colour: Rock
View Wall Protection Systems Product Entry