Class A1 Non-combustible pedestal
Fire Rated Pedestals for high rise balconies, terraces, flat roofs and podiums developed to comply with recent fire safety regulations.
MetalPad is made from 100% galvanised steel with zero plastic or rubber elements.
It is classified as Class A1 under standard BS EN 13501-1 and meets the requirements of Draft BS 8579 fully an unequivocally.
No plastic headpieces.
No rubber discs under bases.
Heights range from 30mm to 258mm with bespoke headpiece designs for either paving slabs or decking, using Wallbarn’s rail connection system.
• Made from 2mm thick galvanised steel
• Hot-dip galvanisation for long-term exterior applications – completely rust-proof
• Solid, not hollow, thread for additional strength and load bearing
• 150mm diameter base plate with smooth underside prevents point loading
• Over 1,000kg loading per pedestal
• Circular base plate ensures adequate weight distribution and proper stability
• Rounded profiles on baseplate and headpiece – no sharp edges
• Drainage holes in baseplate prevent water stagnation and rusting
• Fixing holes in baseplate for mechanical fixing if required
• Millimetre-precise height adjustment
• Height can be altered using an adjustable spanner with slabs or decking in position
• Limit switch on the stem to prevent the pedestals unwinding completely
Designed specifically for exterior applications, not adapted from other applications.
• Circular headpiece is lugged for paving slabs and ceramic tiles
• Ideal for porcelain tiles
• 120mm diameter headpiece gives greater service area to support tile
• Large baseplate gives lateral stability meaning less risk of tiles rocking
• Specially designed click-deck headpiece made from stainless steel, designed to hold Wallbarn’s own ledged-profile aluminium joist.
• The headpiece is coated with RAL 7016 powder coated paint to prevent reaction between steel and aluminium joist
• Secure fixing between pedestal head and joist means no need for additional mechanical fixings are required
• No drilling means less risk of shrapnel or sharp metal objects
• High weight tolerance and large baseplate mean pedestals can be placed at larger distances apart
• This means less units per m²
MetalPad is considered to be Class A (‘No contribution to fire’) under the ruling of EU Commission Decision 94/611 /EC.
Classified non-combustible to BS EN 13501-1 (Fire classification of construction products & building elements)
Complies fully with draft British Standard BS 8579
This product has been developed to ensure compliance with:
• Amendment to Approved Document B May 2020
• Approved Document B 2019
• Advice Note on Balconies in Residential Buildings published by Department of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) issued on 24 June 2019
• Regulation 38 of the Fire Safety Building Regulations published by the Government