Cristolite is a new lightweight stone panel designed to meet the new UK fire requirements by Cristofoli International.
Features of Cristolite:
The cladding panel has passed BRE fire testing to meet an A2:s0:d1 classification, the second highest classification possible, and is suitable for all buildings particularly over 18m tall.
Swapping from traditional 40mm thick hand-set or kerf supported system to a Cristolite panel reduces weight per square meter by 55%. It also reduces project overall costs as concrete or blockwork can be substituted with a lightweight steel structure. This substantially reduces projects build times and saves on overall construction costs.
- Its greener as less natural stone is used and its lighter weight reduces transport emissions.
- Its large panel size reduces installation time, reduces overall cost (thanks to less overall bracketry) and makes a better visual appearance as there are less joints visible.
- Successfully Impact tested and freeze thaw tested
- Their panels have excellent thermal and acoustic properties helping to reduce thermal and acoustic transmission.
- There are many types of stone colours and finish possible.