SIG Design & Technology are delighted to announce the launch of their new CPD Seminar entitled ‘Roof Refurbishment: Choosing the Best Solution’. The RIBA CPD Providers network have approved the seminar and if you’d like to learn more about how to deal with an existing flat roof, this seminar is for you. It will equip you with a better understanding of roof refurbishment and help you find the best solution for your client.
This seminar is already proving popular and SIG Design & Technology are already taking enquiries to deliver the seminar to several architects’ and surveyors’ practices around the UK.
What will you learn about roof refurbishment?
The new seminar sets out a step-by-step process to help you arrive at the best product for your refurbishment project. We look at what should be included in the roof survey, how the condition of the roof will influence the design and finding the right solution for your roof.
Along the way, the seminar will also
1. Identify the common problems faced when refurbishing a roof and how to avoid them.
2. Explore the three stages in roof refurbishment; roof survey, design considerations and finding the correct roofing solution.
3. Look at the problems caused through the misdiagnosis of interstitial condensation.
4. Clarify when to specify which type of roofing system for your roof.
5. Best practice in roof refurbishment.
6. Set out a checklist of what you should expect in support from manufacturers, both at a technical stage and on site.
7. Help you comply with British Standards and Codes of Practice, and
8. Provide sources of further information and advice.
Which refurbishment products? You decide
As a supplier, not a manufacturer, SIG Design & Technology is in a unique position to provide ‘product neutral’ advice to specifiers. They source roofing and cladding products from a range of suppliers and are able to advise on the benefits and disadvantages of products, offering a genuine choice to architects who wish to benefit from the wide range of products whilst maintaining confidence that you have made the right decision.
To find out more information about the CPD visit http://www.singleply.co.uk/resources/roof-refurbishment-cpd/
Want to book this seminar? Get in touch direct on 01509 505714 or email CPD co-ordinator Christa Coe: [email protected]
View Single ply roof membranes Product Entry