School canopies, outdoor classrooms, outdoor dining, and walkways
Create extra room for schools, nurseries, and educational facilities with school canopies.
Create extra shelter for learning, dining, playing, or moving around the school grounds. Canopies provide shelter for schools without the need to get planning permission.
Give schools the extended space they need
With average classroom sizes steadily on the rise, schools are looking for ways to get more from the space they already have. Canopies are a fast and affordable way to provide shelter. Installing an outdoor canopy is less than half the cost of a building extension.
Outdoor learning is an important part of the curriculum and schools need shelter to make it possible all year. Outdoor classrooms create multipurpose space for teaching and play in all weathers.
Dining space is a major issue for over 50% of UK schools with an average of 2+ kids per dining seat. Outdoor dining canopies are heated and fully enclosed in winter and opened in warmer weather.
Walkways and waiting shelters
Canopies are the fast and affordable option for creating practical shelter around school grounds. They provide shelter between buildings and around entrances.
Why Canopies UK?
• Site-specific calculations – they test canopies against wind speeds and snow loads.
• 30 years’ experience – they’ve installed hundreds of canopies at UK schools.
• Easy service – get a point of contact at every stage of the process.
• Weatherproofed products – retractable roof systems, heating, LED lighting, and UV protection.
• Cantilevered designs – post-free canopies to prevent playground accidents.
• Colour options – RAL colour matching available.
• Expert install – by skilled DBS checked fitters.
• 10-year warranty – maintenance-free canopies with 10-year guarantees.
Canopies for schools and education
• Outdoor classrooms
• Outdoor dining rooms
• Playground shelters
• Sport spectator stands
• Parent waiting shelters
• Walkways and entrances
Shelter for every budget
Working with headteachers and business managers, Canopies UK know school budgets are a huge concern. Canopies are a fraction of the cost of building extensions, which means schools get much more for their money.
30 years’ installation experience
Receive a dedicated point of contact for each stage of the process. Your canopy designs are tested and approved by structural engineers.
Canopies UK employ their own teams of DBS checked, skilled fitters. They are CHAS accredited and Safemark and BSEN ISO9001:2015 registered. Canopies comply with British Standard BS399-3 and European Standard EN1991-1-3:2003.