Single ply roof membranes
One advantage of working with SIG Design and Technology is that we can help you choose the best products for each application, independently of any brand loyalty. Selecting a flat roof system is always a combination of design criteria, performance requirements and cost, and it is important to find a balance all three.
SIG Design & Technology works in partnership with IKO and has exclusive UK distribution of three IKO- produced membrane systems; Armourplan PVC, Spectraplan TPE and PermaTEC hot melt.
IKO Armourplan PVC
Armourplan is a polyester-reinforced PVC membrane which is suitable for use on a wide range of roofing applications including specialist installations such as simulated metal roofs. The only UK-produced single ply, it can be installed more quickly than most membranes as fewer fixings are required.
IKO Spectraplan TPE.
Spectraplan TPE (Thermoplastic Polyolefin Elastomer) roofing systems use the very latest in advanced polymer technology. Incorporating a range of membranes and accessories, these next generation TPE systems combine the best performance characteristics of thermoplastics (e.g. PVC) and elastomerics (e.g. EPDM). This ensures optimum results both during installation and in performance.
Rhepanol PIB single-ply is made from polyisobutylene, comprises 70% natural materials, and is the only membrane with full Life Cycle Assessment. Suitable for new-build/refurbishment, Rhepanol fk can be installed directly over bitumen, can be mechanically fixed with the unique Gripfix system, bonded or ballasted and requires no hot works.
• Ultra-reflective White Rhepanol fk maximizes energy capture by 30% with the Solyndra PV system.
• Liquid Rhepanol fk is a decorative coloured two-coat finish.
• Green-roofing membrane Rhepanol hg provides the strongest possible seam and is a root/rhizome barrier.
Rhenofol PVC is an attractive and economical solution that is quick and easy to install. Proven over 40 years, Rhenofol PVC is not as temperature sensitive as other membranes and is up to 30% more efficient to weld.
• Rhenofol CV is reinforced with a polyester grid and perfect for mechanical fixing.
• Rhenofol CG is reinforced with a glass fibre mat and suitable for ballasted/green roofs.
• Rhenofol CGV has a polyester fleece backing for adhesive bonding.