Many substrates encountered in new buildings and renovation projects are unsuitable for tile installation, especially in areas with high moisture. This can require comprehensive additional work and waterproofing measures.
If you’re fed up with sub-standard and awkward substrates causing problems, enlist the help of Schlüter. Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD is a CE marked, waterproof substrate for wall areas, which can be used in the creation of bonded waterproofing assemblies for tile and stone coverings. It consists of an extruded hard foam panel, with a special reinforcement material on both sides and fleece webbing for effective anchoring in tile adhesive.
Easy underlayment onto numerous substrates
KERDI-BOARD makes it easy to create an instant underlayment for tile installations. It can be used over substrates as diverse as masonry, stud frame constructions of wood or metal and mixed/existing substrates in renovation projects. With panel thicknesses of 5, 9, 12.5, 19, 25, 38 and 50 mm available, KERDI-BOARD can also be used to create features such as shelves, seats and even partition walls.
Prefabricated items for quick construction
Saving time on site, a number of prefabricated items are available, including:
• Angle and U-shaped components for pipe concealment
• Pre-grooved boards for easy creation of curved features
• Fully sealed shower niches
In addition to all the above, KERDI-BOARD is:
• Even, impact resistant and rigid
• Thermally insulating
• Quick and easy to install
• Lightweight, easy to handle and transport
• Cement and fibreglass free
• Dust free and easy to cut (with a utility knife)
• Printed with gridlines for precise cutting
The specification of cement-free substrates such as KERDI-BOARD can also improve the green rating of a project.