Fed up of sub-standard and awkward substrates causing problems? Install the help of Schlüter. Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD is a CE marked, waterproof substrate for wall areas, which can be used for creating bonded waterproofing assemblies for tile and stone coverings.
Many substrates encountered in new buildings and renovation projects are unsuitable for tile installation, especially in areas with high moisture. This can require comprehensive additional work and waterproofing measures. Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD makes it easy to create an instant underlayment for tile installation over substrates as diverse as masonry, stud frame constructions of wood or metal and mixed/existing substrates in renovation projects.
It consists of an extruded hard foam panel, with a special reinforcement material on both sides and fleece webbing for effective anchoring in the tile adhesive. With the available panel thicknesses of 5, 9, 12.5, 19, 28, 38 and 50 mm, Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD covers a broad range of application requirements for creating level, waterproof substrates for the installation of ceramic and natural stone tiles.
• Even, impact resistant and rigid
• Functional bonded waterproofing assembly
• Thermally insulating
• Fleece webbing for easy anchoring in thin-bed mortar
• Quick and easy to install
• Lightweight, easy to handle and transport
• Contains no cement or fibreglass
• Dust free and easy to cut (with a utility knife)
• Printed gridlines for precise cutting
• Suitable for creating free standing partition walls, shelves, boxing in pipes, seating and similar structures
• Preformed and sealed niches available
The specification of cement-free substrates such as Schlüter®-KERDI-BOARD can also improve the green-rating of a project.