Underfloor Heating Solutions
An underfloor heating solution for every kind of project, be it retrofit or new build is offered by JG Speedfit.
Screed Floor Underfloor Heating
Screed underfloor heating solutions are ideal for ground floor in new builds and extensions. JG Speedfit offers 3 installation options for screed solutions:
• Staple System: a cost-effective underfloor heating solution with high heat output and response time. Using the screed as a heat diffuser, 15mm JG Layflat® pipe is secured with staples to rigid insulation placed over the concrete subfloor.
• Mounting Rail: an ideal solution when the insulation is too thin for staples. Using the screed as a heat diffuser, 15mm JG Layflat® pipe is secured to ‘Clip Rails’ on top of rigid insulation sheets, which are placed over the concrete subfloor.
• Floor Panel: a simple grid layout that makes it quick and easy to lay 15mm JG Layflat® pipe. Also ensuring precise pipe layout to minimise pipe-bending radius.
Timber Floor Underfloor Heating
This is the optimum solution where timber floors are present on ground or upper floors.
• Spreader Plates from above: designed for use with timber suspended or floating floors. 15mm JG Layflat® pipe is installed into single or double grooved aluminium spreader plates that transmits heat evenly across the finished floor surface. For existing floor structures install between battens and for new floors fix between existing joists. If the floor can be raised, floors can also be counter-battened to make installation even easier.
• Spreader Plates from below: designed for use with timber pre-engineered joists, as modern joists rely on the floor above being bonded and screwed to the joist’s top surface. 15mm JG Layflat® pipe is fixed to single grooved aluminium spreader plates that transmits heat evenly across the finished floor surface. As plates are fitted from underneath the floor there is no height build up.
Existing Floor Underfloor Heating
Underfloor Heating Solutions for retrofit projects.
• Underfit®: designed for use with timber suspended or floating floors. 15mm JG Layflat® pipe is installed into a grooved foil-faced panel over existing floor structures, either between battens or under the floor between existing joists.
• Overfit®: low profile system featuring a lightweight insulated panel with high compressive strength intended for use with lightweight floor coverings such as laminate, engineered wood and carpet. Due to its ease of handling and cutting, it is also suitable for larger areas and multiple room installations. The installation uses 15mm JG Layflat® pipe and 150mm centres for a highly responsive system.
For more information visit the company site HERE.