Camberley Leisure Centre is a new multi-million pound state-of-the-art centre situated in the heart of Camberley.
The new centre that opened on the 1st of July 2021 was built on the site of the old Arena Leisure Centre and brings an impressive, modern leisure facility to Surrey Heath and the local area.
The £24m leisure centre features a 150-station fitness suite, 25 metre six lane pool, learner pool with adjustable floor, splash zone (interactive water confidence area), 8 court sports hall, group exercise studios, health suite and café.
A vibrant Clip ‘n Climb™ arena and purpose-built adventure play area also featured to inspire more young people to be active for life.
The scheme is a Places Leisure Scheme, BA Systems were appointed by the Main Contractor – Pellikaan Construction for the full design, supply and installation of the Balustrade and Handrail Package. BA Systems full scope of works included:
1. B40 Structural Glass Balustrades to Main Stair and Landing – 21.5mm thick clear toughened and laminated glass curved to the radius of the stair and landing
2. B10 Wall Handrails to Stairs – 42mm diameter mirror polished stainless steel curved to radius of stair
3. B20 Steel and Vertical Bar Infill Balustrades – 12 x 12mm vertical PPC flat bars spaced at 100mm centres
4. B40 Structural Glass Balustrades to FF Spectator Viewing – 21.5mm thick clear toughened and laminated glass
5. B20 Stainless Steel and No Infill Balustrades – 42mm diameter satin stainless steel