BAL are launching two new uncoupling mat solutions for problem floors.
The Flexbone range offers two very different solutions to the UK market with the launch of Flexbone 2Easy and Flexbone VAried.
• Is a floating mat system – where no adhesive is needed underneath the mat system i.e. the mat is truly uncoupled.
• Time trials indicate the removal of subfloor preparation for installations provides a circa 50% time saving.
• It is perfect for heritage projects where it is necessary to protect historic, sensitive substrates, as well as areas where the ability to change the floor regularly is a requirement, e.g rental properties.
BAL Flexbone VAried
• BAL Flexbone is a bonded mat system, with the same installation process as other fixed cavity mat systems in the market.
• Unique to BAL Flexbone is the patented GripLock Technology and unique bone structure.
• The patented design has been independently tested to provide the highest shear strength (providing more accommodation of higher levels of lateral movement) and the highest tensile strength (to stops tiles ‘popping-off’ or cracking under pressure).
• These flexible and deformable properties ensure all tile installations are protected from lateral movement and pressures, while a special fleece provides for vapour pressure compensation.
• BAL Flexbone VAried provides a waterproof layer, meaning no tanking is needed in wet areas such as bathrooms, showers and wetrooms.
The unique structure also significantly reduces installation time, the design ensures the trowelling-out of adhesive on the surface layer is fast and easy.
Both mats are available in 20m rolls or easy to install 2x1m sheets (ideal for small bathrooms) or wetrooms - and are suitable for use with all tile types, including natural stone.
As with all BAL products, BAL Flexbone uncoupling mats come with the manufacturer’s unique 25-year guarantee.
Find out more about BAL’s new uncoupling solutions: www.bal-adhesives.com