Bailey Streetscene provided a canopy system to suit multiple areas of Moreland Primary School and Children’s Centre, Islington.
Moreland is a new £12.4 million Primary School and Children’s Centre based in Islington London. The building has been constructed to increase the number of spaces available for young children in the local catchment area.
The building that houses the school comprises 14 spacious classrooms, a large sports hall, a dance studio, a library and an IT suite and will also see the addition of a family kitchen and a special ‘sky garden’.
The children’s centre includes facilities for both pre and post-natal care and child care for children under two years old.
Bailey Streetscene were approached to provide advice and designs for a canopy system to suit multiple areas of the building. The design brief for the canopy was to reflect the design of the school, to look clean and simple, be easily maintained and function independently of any support legs.
The canopy’s had to be installed on multiple levels and the team had to work within the confines of the school building environment.
Bailey Streetscene accepted this unique design challenge and created the Moreland System.
This new design allowed for:
• Sectional installation (this was important as transit routes through the school were limited)
• Free standing of any support legs (the system allowed for direct building fixing via structurally designed brackets connected to the building framework)
• The look of the system complementing the design of the scheme
• Universally work with all areas of the scheme
• An innovative water drainage system to allow maintenance should any blockages occur
View Shelters and Canopies Product Entry View Canopies & Walkways Brochure PDF