Client: Merry Hill
Main contractor: MAC-Group
Project Duration: 50 weeks
• Galvanized framework
• Galvanized channels
• Schlebach panels
• Aluminium mesh panels
• Standard plastisol flashings
• Canopy flashings
• Aluminum cappings
• Structural bracketry
• Cladding profile
• Diamond panel (3D)
• Rock panel
Central Fabrication’s latest development includes The Merry Hill Shopping Centre in Brierley Hill near Dudley, England.
It was built between 1985 and 1990 and is currently undergoing a £12M development scheme where the exterior of the centre will be completely renovated.
The centre has over 250 shops, a separate retail park, cinema, food hall and ten-thousand parking spaces.
The works include:
• Replacing the outdated cladding at the Debenhams entrance of the retail destination.
• Installing curved Rockpanel cladding, which will appear purple/green or blue, and will also reconfigure the entrance layouts and install energy-saving LED feature lighting and large media screens.
• Upgrading the façade at Argos & M&S using Rockpanel cladding in different gold shades and in a variety of finishes.
• Upgrade of the areas around Primark and Sports Direct. To create a visual impact, projections such as diamonds and pyramids will be created into the cladding to provide an impactful finish to the front elevation.
• Entrance layouts.
• External finishes.
Ray O’Sullivan, director at MAC Group, said: “Merry Hill is a prime retail destination for the region and we’re delighted to have been appointed for the first time by our client to transform the exterior of the shopping centre. It promises to be an extremely impressive finish, with discreet lighting hidden within the cladding, which will create a superb visual display, especially at night.”
The project is due to finish in Spring 2021.
View Bespoke Products Product Entry