City of London Freemens first opened in Brixton in 1854 for ‘the maintenance and the religious and virtuous education of orphans of Freemen of the City of London’. Paid for by the Corporation of London both boys and girls were enrolled from the outset making it the one of the oldest co-educational independent schools.
In 1926 the school moved to Ashtead Park in Surrey. The Grade II* listed Main House at Ashtead Park had been the home of Sir Robert Howard, Chancellor of the Exchequer during the 17th century.
In 2016 an ambitious development project was commenced, due to span the next decade. The modernisation of the Main House, now the Sixth Form Centre, involved a redesign of the building and the new layout required fire screens to ensure the building met with current Building Regulations. Clement Windows Group supplied the internal fire rated doors and screens at the top of the adjacent internal stairs which are access controlled and linked into the main fire control of the building.
View Steel Doors & Screens Product Entry