Liquid roofing is increasingly popular for refurbishment and overlay of existing roofs, as well as new build applications, due to its cost effectiveness, flexibility and reliability when properly installed.
SIG Design & Technology recommend a range of products to specifiers and installers, which cover a range of price points and applications.
Here, they introduce SIGnature PU-20, one of the most cost-effective liquid roofing products they recommend. SIGnature PU is BBA Certified for use on new and existing flat and pitched roofs with limited access.
What is SIGnature PU-20 Liquid Roofing?
The SIGnature PU Liquid Waterproofing Systems are cold applied, fast curing, pure elastomeric, hydrophobic, polyurethane flat roofing systems. The flagship product of the range is PU-20, a BBA Certified, easy to use system with a number of benefits including ease and speed of use.
SIGnature PU coatings provide a very cost-effective solution for refurbishment and overlay projects. As single application liquids, they are ideal for projects with multiple penetrations or complex jointing.
They also provide a quick and effective way to overcoat a roof that has come to the end of its serviceable life. For new-build projects (over approved insulation boards), SIGnature PU-20 can also be used for warm, cold or even inverted buildups, including balconies.
Liquid Roofing Refurbishment
Liquid Roofing is cost effective for large refurbishment projects.
The main benefits are:
• Fast curing times – touch dry in 30 minutes and trafficable in 2-3 hours
• Single coat application – with a variety of primers to enable application to a wide range of substrates
• Seamless finish with no jointing – saving time and cost
• Excellent elasticity and tensile strength – remaining elastic down to -40ºC
• Easy to mix and apply, and no measuring required – just add the accelerator and go.
• Product warranty up to 20 years, when installed by DATAC trained and accredited installers.
As well as BBA certification, SIGnature PU-20 is suitable for use on NHBC certified projects.
The BBA Certificate also confirms a buildup (when tested in accordance with DD CEN/TS 1187:2012) which enables it to achieve a classification of BROOF(t4).
The PU-20 liquid coating kit is a two-component polyurethane liquid system kit that is touch dry in 30 minutes and trafficable in 2-3 hours. Installers find it very easy to use because there is no measuring involved – simply thoroughly mix the 600g accelerator into the main product and you’re ready for the single coat application of up to 10m2 by either brush or roller.
Reinforcing is only required locally in areas of board joints and external corners on new substrates, or fully reinforced where the system is being used as a recovery overlay to an existing suitably prepared surface.
The system covers all the products required including:
• Joint sealer for filling gaps, cracks or splits;
• Same day or next day primers, and range of different substrate specific primers;
• Self-adhesive butyl reinforcing tape for board joints, corners or changes of direction;
• Liquid Fibre – A fibre reinforced thixotropic (non-drip) product used for awkward details or upstands;
• Terrace coat as an additional hardwearing surface for balconies and walkway areas, and
• Reinforcing fabric for use with some substrates, such as bitumen roofs.
SIGnature PU-20 is a cost-effective, easy to use liquid roofing system which creates a bubble-free, attractive and durable finish.
Watch the Training Video
Their PU20 training video provides an introduction to the product and then takes you through a demonstration of how easy the system is to apply.
The video covers the following areas:
• Introduction to PU20 liquid waterproofing
• Where PU-20 can be used
• What is SIGnature PU-20? – its benefits and components
• How to apply SIGnature PU-20? – starting points
• Demonstrating installation
• Preparing the surface
• Applying the primer
• Reinforcing Tape and Fabric
• Upstands and Penetrations
• Field Area application – including mixing
• Conclusion – and how to find out more.
Want to install PU20? Take their short course
SIG Design & Technology provide a one-day course in PU-20 and PU-10 liquid waterproofing for their DATAC accredited contractors. If you’re already a liquid installer you can take a simple conversion course.
The training sessions take place at the training centres in Glasgow, Caerphilly, Huddersfield and High Wycombe and they will shortly be taking bookings for the Spring of 2021.
SIG Design & Technology is a member of LRWA, the Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Association.
View Liquid Waterproofing Product Entry