Fire safety products specialist, Sprue Safety Products, is celebrating its first film gong after its Dont Drink and Fry animated safety film was given a special Community Recognition Award at this years Blackrock Film Festival in Dublin.
Unanimously voted as favourite by judges and festival organisers, the animation was recognised for its valuable contribution to society.
Featuring the heroic efforts of a pet dog called Flee, the story is one of a series of short films produced in association with London Fire Brigade to spread vital life-saving fire safety messages via the web.
Dont Drink and Fry warns of the dangers of leaving cooking unattended and of cooking after a night out. The message of the film is; if youre hungry after going out for a drink, it might be safer to get a takeaway on the way home rather than try to cook something when you get in. And importantly, make sure you have a working smoke alarm - it will give you the early warning you need to escape if a fire does break out.
Over 50% of all fires in the home are caused by cooking accidents and most start in the kitchen, often after a few drinks. The film shows Flee turning off the toaster and then the cooker after his owner leaves a pan of sausages and falls asleep in the next room.
Fortunately the smoke alarm sounds and both escape.