Powerproject BIM becomes more powerful, more flexible, and easier to use with a raft of user-driven feature upgrades.
Third incarnation of Powerproject BIM adds improved functionality and works more closely with cost estimation to help contractors evolve towards accessible, affordable 5D digital construction planning.
Elecosoft has just launched a new version of Powerproject BIM, which brings exciting new improvements in 4D planning designed to help customers improve efficiency and win more business. The product also boasts enriched cost estimation capabilities; working more closely with Bidcon cost estimation, enabling contractors to build a 5D integrated project view. All changes were driven based on user requests and feedback, proving once again the company’s long-standing commitment to optimising its products in alignment with user needs.
The new version will be showcased on stand E5030 at the Ecobuild Show at London’s ExCeL exhibition centre, which takes place 8th-10th March 2016.
Jason Ruddle, Managing Director of the UK operation of Elecosoft comments: “Our aim is to make sure our products continue to support our customers’ ability to succeed – so listening to their needs to inform our development makes complete sense. The 2016 government mandate is of course focusing attention on BIM, but even without the approach of this BIM target, they tell us that projects are getting both larger and more complex, and they need to enable greater collaboration and a more integrated view of projects - including cost management. Powerproject BIM is one of a family of Elecosoft products bringing construction contractors the integrated 5D view they need - not simply to meet the demands of BIM Level 2, but those of future digital construction.”
Benefits that this new release brings include the ability to:
• Deliver impressive videos to clients clearly showing the build process through stages of the plan
• Communicate better with sub-contractors
• Reduce costs through improved efficiency and reduced rework
• Collaborate more effectively across teams
Powerproject BIM enables users to drag and drop objects into the 3D view as well as split 3D elements related to new sub-tasks, to meet changing demands on individual construction projects. It also allows for quick comparisons with planned and actual schedule plans detailing the complete visual impact in 3D. Among the many new features added, this release will allow users to:
• Federate and overlay IFC models enabling users to work on multiple related models concurrently
• Display and compare alternative IFC model views in the new IFC Comparison Model pane
• Create videos of timeline simulations and fly pasts for sharing with non Powerproject BIM users
• Support the use of larger IFC data models for multiple concurrent project plans using a native 64-bit application