ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems provided Industrial and Pedestrian entrance solutions to the newest UK manufacturing facility of Rolls Royce Aerospace.
Rolls-Royce is a global company, providing integrated power solutions for customers in civil and defence aerospace, marine and energy markets through a worldwide network of offices, manufacturing and service facilities.
Customer Situation A brand new home for their advanced aerospace disc manufacturing operations was designed, with the capacity to produce over 2,000 fan and turbine discs a year.
The approximately 20,000m2 disc manufacturing facility will handle production of discs for some of the most advanced aircraft in operation, including the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, the Airbus A380 and the Eurofighter Typhoon.
• Entrance solutions were sought for internal and external openings
• A revolving door was specified by the Architect for pedestrian access
• Energy and cost efficiency would be major considerations
• Providers must be capable of meeting the rigorous demands for design, manufacture and supply of 78 industrial doors
The new plant will further strengthen the UK’s position as an aerospace leader. The facility would be constructed to Architect specification by an appointed building contractor, who would be seeking numerous alternatives in order to ensure the agreed final entrance solutions were the most effective for internal and external openings.
• A joint package was devised covering pedestrian, external industrial and internal industrial doors.
• The main contractor would have only one order to place
• A single point of contact would be available to project manage installation of all door sets.
• ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems would handle all aspects of design, specification, manufacture and installation for Crawford industrial and Besam pedestrian door products
By looking for an innovative solution, utilising the expertise of both Crawford and Besam product brands, and combining costs and prices this joint-venture provided a solution which benefitted both end-user and building contractor.
A ground breaking offer in the UK, which covered all automatic door types, proved an effective partnership for Rolls Royce.