BG-Graspointner is proud to furnish sustainable drainage solutions to the new ambulance station and Make Ready Depot in Pentwyn, Cardiff for the Welsh Ambulance Service Station (WAST).
This project, lead by John Waver Contractors, consists in remodeling the old Merton House site into a modern base for the WAST crews, as well as a Make Ready Depot for the Fleet Assistants who will take care of the ambulances supplies and cleanliness between operations. This will result in decreasing the turnaround time, thus improving the service to the ones in need.
Converting the existing buildings into a new ambulance station for the Welsh Ambulance Service / Shared Services NHS necessities structural alterations and a state-of-the-art sustainable drainage system: the BG-FILCOTEN Green channel drainage.
Sustainability and efficiency in perfect harmony
With this linear drain, a maximal sustainability is guaranteed by its filtration system with the certified filter material Mall-ViaClean. BG-FILCOTEN green is based on the BG-FILCOTEN pro drainage channel with a nominal width of 400 mm and an element height of 640 mm. It procures an efficient filtering of drainage water. BG-FILCOTEN green efficiently removes pollutants from the drained surface water with its integrated technical filters. This ensures even greater protection of the water cycle.
This system also provides a high retention capacity with a nominal width of 400 mm. This is the perfect combination of drainage and retention.
With BG-FILCOTEN green, we set a new water purity standard:
1. Pre-filter non-woven material for efficient pre-cleaning, keeping out coarse dirt & protecting the high-quality technical filter material.
2. Powerful integrated technical filter for high and lasting cleaning performance
3. Innovative cleaning filter material of the highest cleaning performance class. Homogeneous material which cancels the risk of remobilizing heavy metals.
4. Trapezoid-shaped perforated metal sheet made from stainless steel to separate the material zone from the drainage area. Optimized perforation for maximum water flow
5. Optional: control and water sampling shaft with easy handling. The purified water can be taken and tested for its components.
6. Optional: innovative overflow DN 150 for efficient heavy rain drainage
Feel free to contact us for your next sustainable project at email@example.com