Gripsure supplied over 17,000 ln/m of our Gripsure Pro Contemporary product for the immersive boardwalk which puts visitors in the heart of the forest, giving panoramic views of the woodland and the unique species living in them by being elevated above the forest floor.
They supplied the boards across a number of scheduled deliveries to Elmtree Garden Contractors so that they could keep to their construction programme and limit the amount of storage space required on site.
Gripsure took a brief from the zoo and developed a specification to achieve:
- Longevity in a wet and damp woodland environment by providing boards treated to Sector Scheme 4 treatment classification (30 years).
- Certified FSC timber to ensure materials are from sustainable sources and to blend in with the natural woodland.
- A low slip risk for the anticipated high volumes of visitors which was achieved by using three non-slip inserts which has been tried and tested at other attractions.
- Push chair and wheel chair friendly achieved through a smooth profile to avoid discomfort as well as being easy to maintain.
- Deck boards cross cut to the width of the boardwalk to minimise waste and speed up installation.
They also supplied info graphic boards to create time hop sections and a imitation of roots around 'Steve the tree' to help tell the story of our woodlands and the species and habitats within them.
Gripsure's custom infill service has had great feedback at Bear Wood as well as at the Botanical Gardens in Cambridge. They can create any design using their non-slip aggregate, and further information on this service can be found here.
View Bespoke Anti-Slip Decking Services Product Entry