Client: University of Birmingham.
Products and Capabilities: Digital Totem Signs, Exterior Signs
xsign have provided 9 wayfinding digital signs for the University of Birmingham, as part of the university’s programme of expansion and renovation.
The digital totems feature 55” touchscreen displays providing students, staff, and visitors with maps and wayfinding information.
The signs also feature wi-fi connectivity.
Other features of the Digital Totem include:
• Bespoke fabricated interactive Digital Totem. Totem case constructed of steel framework.
• Framework clad with 5mm thick welded steel. Hand finished and dress-welded to all edges.
• Case provided with air inlet & outlet with provisions for intercom integrations. Surfaces primed with anti-corrosive and anti- rust primer.
• Casing powder-coated RAL black with external powder coat with anti-graffiti easy clean coating.
• Case with inlaid 6mm tamper-proof, low iron, shatter-resistant glass. Glass to be impact-resistant and scratch-proof primed with anti-reflective coating.
• Fret cut and inlaid logo on inset panel. Reverse illumination supplied by ultra-efficient cold white LED’s. Logo to illuminate at night only.
• Internal hardware housed in shock proof, weather and dust-resistant housing. All cabling to be commercial grade. Integrated fan system to temperature control units.
• Mounted to concrete pad foundation as per separate foundation.
View Digital Signs Product Entry