Type of works: supply and installation of Lumisty MFZ-2555 view-control film
In early 2006, Honda, the world's largest engine manufacturer and international motor racing team, asked Solar Shield to supply and fit a view-control film at their new Experience Centre in Brackley.
Honda required a view-control film that would keep a steady flow of visitor traffic moving past the full-scale wind tunnel project, whilst enhancing and highlighting particular points of interest within the eye-catching display.
Lumisty MFZ-2555 viewed at 90° offers and transparent and undistorted view, allowing visitors to see Honda exhibits clearly.
Solar Shield specified the state-of-the-art Lumisty MFZ-2555 film, which changes from transparent to translucent, and vice versa, depending on the angle from which it is viewed. At Honda, it provided a clear and unrestricted view at 90° degrees from the glass, but an obscured display when viewed from either side. Consequently, this encourages visitors to keep moving and only reveals the exhibits within the display case when viewed straight on.
There are four types of view-control films for application to glass available, each offering different invisible ranges in the horizontal and vertical direction.
Lumisty is ideal for:
- drawing attention to products within retail or exhibition displays
- blocking out unsightly views but highlighting skyline
- eliminating the fishbowl atmosphere of a glass conference room or workspace
- providing controlled privacy and security to sensitive areas
- modesty screening on glazed balustrades, elevated walkways or stairwells
- logos and signs which appear and disappear as you pass by, lending greater impact corporate messages or logos.