Client: Bellway Homes
Screeding contractor: European Screeding Ltd
Type of works: InstaLay 65 resilient layer(Robust Detail E-FC-13) beneath a 65mm sand / cement screed
This new three storey apartment block, constructed from bricks with concrete structural floors, required a high performance resilient membrane designed to reduce the transmission of impact sound through the floor screed.
The architect and contractor wanted a product with Robust Detail approval, even though there was a requirement for on-site testing.
Originally the developer had specified a different proprietary under screed material in order to keep costs down, but the screeding contractor showed that InstaLay was more competitively priced and, as it is easier to work with and quicker to install, it would also save time on site. Due to this, and the other benefits of InstaLay 65, the specification was changed.
InstaLay 65 offers a variety of benefits as it:
● Exceeds Building Regulation performance standards
● Is very easy to work with due to its unique flop weight, which makes pouring the screed simple
● Has been designed for installing under all types of screed applications
● Provides a strong and durable layer that is resistant to damage before the screed is laid
● Prevents points of contact with the structure leading to sound test failures
● Creates a very stable resilient membrane, reducing the risk of settlement and preventing screed failure
Being manufactured from recycled rubber, InstaLay 65 eliminates the risk of collapse and creep under high point loads, therefore delivering long term durability and performance while significantly reducing impact sound transmission. It is suitable for use as a Robust Detail construction or where pre-completion sound testing (PCT) is being undertaken and can also be used with underfloor heating