Emily Sleight, Editorial Account Manager at Barbour Product Search was delighted to have the opportunity to interview Head of Technical Services Brian Bell at Marley Alutec, about their brand-new Elite roof outlet range at the RCI Show 2019. Here’s what Brian had to say!
Q: Could you give us general overview of the new Elite range?
A: The Elite Outlet range has been designed to be compatible with all waterproofing membrane systems and all modern roofing technologies. Our existing range has been around for over 60 years now and it’s not fully compatible really with every single membrane out there
Q: Why do you think specifiers should choose your range?
A: These particular products are all top end performing products, they will accept the most amount of water through each of the outlets which means you can actually save on all your internal drainage systems. It offers the project an overall saving!
Q: What are the benefits for this range can you think of?
A: All of these products are top performing. They accept the most amount of water you can put down a pipe system, they’re also compatible with all roofing systems and all waterproofing membranes. So again, it takes out any sort of chance that someone can make a mistake and specify the wrong outlet that isn’t compatible with that membrane.
Elite Range facts:
• Marley Alutec’s Elite outlet range has a 50-year life expectancy as it is made from marine grade aluminium, providing ultimate protection against corrosion, even in coastal or polluted environments.
• The Elite outlets feature industry leading flow rate performance across the range. Elite roof outlets can also benefit from Alutec’s patented anti-vortex dome grate which further increases flow rate.
• The Elite outlets are compatible with all waterproofing systems.
• Suitable for installation on cold, warm, inverted or green roofs as well as terraces, balconies, podiums, walkways and car parks.
• Elite outlets have a membrane compression clamp design and a high-performance butyl sealing ring to securely lock the waterproof membrane to the outlet body, ensuring a durable watertight seal.
• Elite outlets have been tested to withstand water depths surpassing one metre – superior to many other outlets on the market.
• The Elite roof outlet range connects to all common PVCu, HDPE and socketless cast iron pipework sizes.
• The Elite range incorporates PVCu pipe connectors, providing an airtight seal and thermal break between the outlet and connected pipework.
For more information visit Marley Alutec's website.