This spring, Farrow & Ball introduces a revolutionary new finish to its range of high-performance water based paints. The all-new Dead Flat® is an ultra-matt emulsion with added toughness that can be used on walls, woodwork and metal – perfect for busy spaces and on-trend monochrome looks.
What are the benefits of Farrow & Ball Dead Flat®?
• It’s a multi-surface finish suitable for walls, metal and woodwork
• It has an ultra-matt finish with a sheen level of just 2%
• It’s scuff-resistant, washable and wipeable
• Its pigment-rich colour is safe to scrub, with no transfer onto the cloth when cleaning
• Like all Farrow & Ball finishes, it has all the benefits of being a water based formula – quick to dry and with very little odour
• It’s classified as Trace VOC, the lowest classification currently possible*
Dead Flat® is also available in every Farrow & Ball colour, including the brand’s signature palette of 132 colours and its extensive Archive, making it an endlessly versatile option for your next property project.
Why ‘Dead Flat®’?
From Elephant’s Breath to Mouse’s Back, Bamboozle to Clunch, Farrow & Ball has long been known for its unusual names, and Dead Flat® is no exception.
Over 70 years ago, the first Farrow & Ball Dead Flat® was created to mimic a historical paint finish, a ‘flatted lead’ effect that was the height of fashion in the 18th century.
Originally, this would have involved whole teams of artisans painstakingly applying layer upon layer of paint to create a deeply pigmented finish that appeared completely – or ‘dead’ – flat.
Today, the original formula created by Farrow & Ball’s founders has been reimagined for modern living – maintaining the distinctive matt look, but with added toughness and a washable finish.
*According to criteria published by the British Coatings Federation May 2022. VOCs are Volatile Organic Compounds.
How Farrow & Ball Specification Can Help
If you’re interested in undertaking a project with all-new Dead Flat, look no further than the Farrow & Ball specification service for support from start to finish.
You’ll be assigned your own dedicated specification manager, who will work closely with you throughout the process, all the way through from choosing colours, finishes, and volumes of product to aftercare. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.