British air conditioning manufacturer Airedale International Air Conditioning has launched a new super efficient, low energy R134a air cooled screw chiller which has the potential to offer more than 95% free cooling over a year (cumulative hours London, UK).
The free-cooling potential of the unit provides a free-cooling EER of up to 75* and can also save more than 50% of the energy consumed by a conventional chiller; driving down operational costs. During any mechanical cooling, excellent part load efficiencies ensure an ESEER (European Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of up to 3.44.
Airedales OptiChill free-cooling chiller has an extremely large capacity and meets diverse cooling loads with a flexible, low sound solution.
*Free-cooling EER at 15ºC return water; 20% ethylene glycol; 3ºC ambient temperature
OptiChill Free-cool Chiller Key Technical Data
- 750kW 2300kW
- 4 case sizes; two free-cooling variants, three fan variants* and two sound level variants in each range, presenting a choice of over 200 model permutations
- Low sound ranges: Quiet (R) and Extra Quiet (X)
- Dual independent refrigeration circuits
- Advanced ACIS controls technology
- Latest fan technology for reduced sound and power input
- Intelligent head pressure control
- Two screw compressors offering 8 stages for optimum efficiency, performance and reliability
- High efficiency shell and tube evaporator
- Large surface area condenser coils
* Standard AC fan, optional EC (Electronically Commutated) fan or high air flow EC fan