Ratcliffe College Preparatory School is a private College located within a beautiful 400-acre estate in North Leicestershire. The College has various Victorian Gothic buildings that were designed by Augustus Welby Pugin, who assisted Sir Charles Barry on the design of the Houses of Parliament.
The buildings have been continuously developed over the years and extended to accommodate the requirements of the teaching staff and students whilst maintaining the splendours of the old buildings.
More recently the College has invested £4.5 million to develop a new state of the art teaching facility for students aged 3-11 years. The new preparatory building has been built sympathetically to compliment the original buildings that opened in 1847.
As part of the new building, twelve new classrooms have been built over two floors. The new facilities include a language and technology centre, science and food laboratory, a library, music room and central assembly hall all built in a quad style design to ensure the classrooms have plenty of natural light.
GDL designed, manufactured and installed their Penthouse Turrets at the new college extension alongside the main contractors ARC Mechanical and Electrical Ltd. Their Penthouse Turrets create a stack effect throughout the classrooms controlling the incoming air temperature and CO² levels. This allows GDL to maintain a comfortable environment with the correct air temperature and velocity with a controlled seasonal ventilation rate. In a school occupancy varies in each room throughout the day so a controlled ventilation rate using GDLs Intelivent controllers is both cost effective and energy efficient.