Roof Maker understand that sound insulation is important when choosing a rooflight, as such all their products are designed to minimise noise.
When designing their rooflights they discovered that the following are crucial for minimising noise:
• Extra panes of glass.
• A greater distance between panes of glass.
• Thicker panes of glass.
• A secure sealing between the window and roof.
From their findings Roof Maker now ensure that their rooflights have the following as standard:
• Triple-glazing as standard on several products.
• 6mm toughened safety glass instead of the 4mm industry standard.
• 16mm gap between the panes.
• Double argon filled cavities to further minimise noise and reduce heat loss.
• Foam spacer to reduce noise and provide extra thermal insulation.
• Built-in structural upstand with three insulating cavities.
These same properties are used for Roof Maker’s bifolding door range.