Open Entrances have assisted in designing, engineering, manufacturing and installing the new Covent Garden Piazza entrance.
The new design incorporated a stunning curved structural glass entrance with an oversized 3.6m wide and 3.5m tall automated revolving glass door with a breakout facility and an adjacent automated glass pass-door.
The design also incorporated two colours in the glasswork with integral LED lighting and bronze finish on the metalwork.
Working with architects Tom Shell and Luke McClelland at Stanton Williams and with Project Director Joe Hacke at RISE, the design is made up of five large glass sections.
Each 5m tall section is laminated and annealed, and the glass is low iron and screen printed. The motor for the automated door is located underground rather than in the head to keep the design clean and minimal.
The structural glass sections are from Spanish manufacturer Cricursa, the aluminium and steel metalwork by Protosheet in Kent, and Erreka Automatic Doors were consulted for the supply of the actuation systems and motors.
• Oversized Revolving Door with integral breakout feature.
• Integrated overhead slim-line LED lightsheet.
• 5m tall laminated structural curved glass sections
• Out of Hours Installation - ROH remained open throughout.
• Automates slimline frameless pass door.
• Curved Frameless lockable storm doors.
• Bespoke Bronze effect aluminium louvres, pressings and framework.
View Automatic and Manual Glass Entrances Product Entry