The competitive enquiry was received to accommodate present and anticipated Bovis Lend Lease labour (approximately 3000 operatives at peak) during their challenging construction phase, making provision from site operatives (dirty boot areas) to visiting VIP’s and Bovis Lend Lease Directors.
Elliott were required to competitively quote, incorporating Bovis Lend Lease requirements as well as offering their own suggestions for value engineering, innovation and sustainability / environmental options. All works were carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards including daily H&S briefings with all workers.
• 350 modules with an average rental period of 130 wks
• Various gatehouse buildings and jacklegs buildings
• Elliott hire - 5 storage containers, 48 executive range offices, 5 Anti Vandal units
• Elliott Fencehire - 150 low level crowd barrier panels
• Rainwater harvesting
• Solar Panels
• Air ventilation systems
• PIR managed lighting throughout
• Air blade hand drying system
• Solar Gain Reflective Glazing
• Internal lifts
• Roof level viewing platforms
• Floor to ceiling glazed partitions
• Prayer Room
• Hire shop for plant & tool hire
• Acoustic enhanced sliding partitions
Benefits Achieved/Key Features
Project milestones were identified as soon as possible including a detailed programme identifying decision dates and activities Elliott were completing. Communication was key, identifying where leadtimes had improved as well as offering any assistance we could to aid Bovis Lend Lease decisions.
A visit to an existing client for a tour of a similar project and open discussion regarding their experience with Elliott assisted Bovis Lend Lease with design ideas and a visit to Elliott’s primary production facility highlighting the scope and size of Elliott’s production facilities offered confidence in their abilities.
Elliott were an integral part of the design process and implemented a new protocol for working at height during installation phase. Their commercial and technical teams worked closely with Bovis Lend Lease holding, regular meetings and daily communication to deliver a high quality building on time and on budget and with no lost time or reportable accidents.