Diners at the new Percy & Founders restaurant in Fitzrovia enter the chic establishment across a sophisticated herringbone marble entrance floor created by Diespeker & Co.
The marble design complements the "high class, modern and stylish" ambience of the all-day, 200 cover restaurant in Fitzroy Place.
Percy & Founders was created by Cubitt House as part of the redevelopment of the former Middlesex Hospital. The restaurant was named after the Duke of Northumberland ‒ who was known as Percy ‒and the group of 16th century philanthropists who founded the hospital in 1755.
Stone restaurant flooring specialist Diespeker was tasked with supplying and installing the 36m² marble entrance flooring, which combines the pale grey-veined Statuary Vein from Carrara in Italy with French-quarried Blue de Savoie, a crystalline marble offering a bright finish.
Diespeker also installed 250m² of terrazzo using six different designs from its standard range for flooring in three bars and the restrooms, as well as the treads, risers, paving and cladding for the stairs, which also include inlaid brass.
The marble and terrazzo slabs were imported from Italy to Diespeker’s factory in South London before being cut to size using specialist state-of-the-art Italian cutting machinery prior to installation.
The flooring element of the build took just under three months with the Diespeker installation team working seamlessly with the other trades. The installation started in late December 2014 with completion in March 2015, in time for the soft launch of the new restaurant on March 26 and the official opening on April 2, 2015.