When it comes to communal and emergency lighting, installing a superior, sustainable option is not only good for the environment, it also benefits both your residents and your budget. Commulite believes in investing in the future, so they have designed a system so energy efficient that you can expect financial payback in typically 3 years.
Commulite Luminaires can illuminate a whole block using the same energy as one 60W tungsten light lightbulb. Multiply that across your buildings and the savings you make will benefit your budget, your residents, and the environment.
What are the environmental benefits of installing a Commulite System?
· Compared to fluorescent lighting, each Commulite luminaire typically saves £80/year on lighting costs. For a block with 200 luminaires that is an annual saving of £16,000 and an associated CO2 reduction of 18,000kg.
· Each Commulite LED Luminaire is highly efficient and individually, fully programmable, ensuring lowest energy consumption at all times with no dark corners. Making sure your residents enjoy optimum light levels without wasting energy.
· Commulite Luminaires run at net carbon ZERO when paired with a solar PV system.
· Commulite will collect and recycle all of your old fittings free of charge. Each part is broken down into component materials which can be recycled, with finite materials such as copper being reclaimed.
· Commulite Systems are manufactured in the UK further reducing the CO2 emissions associated with importing goods
Commulite is partnered with Lumicom, the UK’s leading independent not-for-profit WEEE Compliance Scheme set up to specifically serve the lighting industry. All Commulite components are individually bar coded and at the end of their working life they are returned to us for recycling by Lumicom at no extra cost.
Commulite is committed to providing safe and comfortable living environments for families now and in the future. Commulite provides the most reliable and robust emergency lighting system on the market with 9 hours of emergency capacity, instead of the statutory 3 hours, to safely get residents through the night in the event of a blackout or other emergency, whilst future-proofing your investment against inevitable compliance upgrades.
Commulite Systems are manufactured in the UK further reducing the CO2 emissions associated with importing goods, whilst also supporting local industry in the UK. As well as manufacturing in the UK, they have partnered with Just One Tree, who plant a new tree for every luminaire you instal, so in a typical block that’s 200 new trees, the equivalent of *4.5 tonnes of CO2 EVERY YEAR on top of the 10 tonnes you’ll save EVERY YEAR with Commulite lighting when switching from compact fluorescents. *Ave/tree worldwide
View Environmental Benefits PDF