Hygienically sensitive areas in hospitals and other medical facilities require extra attention during planning and design.
Functionality, material selection and ease of cleaning are important considerations when specifying products for sanitary and cleaning rooms within healthcare environments. Franke has designed a range of VariusMed basins and scrub up troughs with fully bespoke options which can be designed to fulfil all requirements.
Manufactured from Miranit resin bonded mineral material, which is seamlessly moulded and pore-free, the VariusMed SU (scrub up troughs) and MP (multi-purpose basins) offer an easy-to-clean and practical solution whilst ensuring optimum hygiene. Fully coated in a high gloss gelcoat, the hygienically smooth surface effectively counteracts the adhesion of bacteria and micro-organisms.
- Superior hygiene - fully coated with a non-porous Gelcoat layer that is scratch and abrasion resistant
- Easy to clean - seamlessly moulded with large internal radii
- Stain proof - resistant to a number of chemicals and staining agents
- Durable - resistant to temperatures up to 80°C
- Robust material - Miranit granite composite material
- Hard wearing - shatter-proof impact and fracture resistant
The range has been developed to ensure maximum hygiene with the unique bowl design and superior surface finish.
The VariusMed SU scrub up trough for medical and surgical facilities has an ergonomic bowl shape and a large inside radii. The slight rearward slant prevents water from dripping off the basin on to other surfaces or the floor.
The VariusMed MP multi-purpose basins are ideal for all medical facilities. The 350mm deep bowl and front splash-guard edge, which spans across the entire width, prevents water from dripping or splashing on to external surfaces maintaining hygiene levels.
View Medical and laboratory Product Entry View PDF