Study Bunks are a versatile piece of furniture which have been a staple of boarding accommodation for decades. The bunks provide a private space for students when in shared dormitories and help to utilise the space available.
The appearance of the bunk is overall very similar to the previous design, as the size has to be very similar to accommodate the mattress. However, the new bunk has some subtle design changes such as a curved desktop, which helps to achieve a more modern look, perfectly fitting for the modern world.
The bunks are available in the usual large range of melamine faced and veneered MDF and can be tailored to meet your needs. Witley Jones offer different sizes for 2’6” and 3’0” mattresses and can also tailor the heights to fit the needs of your space perfectly.
This bunk has been tested and certified by FIRA and Witley Jones are delighted to share that they have already delivered 32 of these bunks to Millfield School, Somerset and they have recently been installed over the summer period at Hereford Cathedral School.
Key features and benefits:
- The bunk is modular, making it flexible and easy to change and move around if necessary, to meet your school’s needs or the needs of your students.
- Each component is smaller than with the previous study bunk, making it easier to get into your school building and the components are then assembled together on site.
- The bunk has a fresh and modern look and also features integrated electronics, including a reading light and charging points, making it perfect for the students of today’s digital world.
- It's been designed with comfort in mind, to ensure students can sleep comfortably, as sleep is key to a happy and healthy lifestyle and will set them up for a great day of learning.
- And finally, the bunk is durable and long lasting, making it a great investment for your school and one that will last for years to come.