The use of non-biodegradable plastics, and the embracing of green renewable energy are the biggest challenges and opportunities facing the planet.
Recycling has very quickly become standard practice for all households However, we must do more, and it will intensify. Micro plastics are omni present within our oceans. Manchester University discovered up to 1.9 million pieces per square metre! The impact of plastics within our oceans can be devastating to all marine life.
What does this mean?
And what are Wykamol doing to change the established norms in the waterproofing and preservation market?
- Nationwide membrane offcut collection service.
- All virgin material from ANY manufacturer collected.
- Bags supplied FOC.
- No cost for collection (we anticipate 200kg per bag).
- All materials collected will be recycled.
- You click, Wykamol collect!
- Enough energy saved to make 1,170,000 cups of tea, that’s 22,500 cups per week!
- Enough energy saved to drive 189,000 miles in a large 2L diesel vehicle, that’s 3600 miles per week!
- Enough energy saved per annum to stop the melting of 186m2 of Artic ice, that by the way is about 2.5m in thickness!
For every 200kg of HDPE collected we will be saving enough energy to make 32,000 cups of tea or drive 3496 miles in a large 2L diesel vehicle.
Wykamol are installing almost 400 solar PV panels across their two production sites, saving over 62 tonnes of CO2 emissions per annum, but what does this mean in plain measurable terms?
Wykamol is leading the charge in the UK waterproofing and preservation market to embrace green energy, and make a real difference to the planet.