The Tracery was first built at Swan Hill in the town of Shrewsbury in 1767. In 1868, this was demolished and replaced with the current building; schoolrooms were then added in 1880.
Charters Property Ltd who specialise in property development, consultancy and project management, recently purchased the deconsecrated church and have transformed the building into a prestigious development of four homes.
Sensitivity was key when renovating the property and the majority of the original features have been preserved. Original stone walls, lintels and cills have been repaired and impeccably replaced. The walls and roofs have been insulated and energy saving measures implemented to create a comfortable, efficient living environment.
Although it was possible to restore some of the original fenestration, double glazed replacement steel windows were still required throughout the building Clement Windows were thrilled to manufacture these new steel windows and doors.
Various Clement ranges were used to meet the different criteria required for the project. For example, the Brooking range was used for the beautiful arched head windows on the front elevation as it would best replicate the originals which would have been silicone fronted.
EB16 was used for other windows where silicone fronting was not required and W20 was used to make the steel doors. In total over thirty individual windows were specified, all in various shapes and sizes.
Clement Conservation Rooflights were also specified, which bring masses of light in through the beautiful, high ceilings.
James Charters, Director of Charters Property said “We were very pleased with the attention to detail and finish of the steel windows, Clement took ownership of their section of the project and were able to deliver a complex scheme on time and to a very good standard. They remained client focussed throughout and we will happily use their service again.”
View Steel Windows Product Entry