CPD: Ground waterproofing CPD
This CPD will cover below ground waterproofing in accordance with BS8102:2009, explaining the rationale and requirements of the standard. It will guide you through the steps to fully comply and give key reference points on the different options open to you. A focus will be on the use of modern technologies for barrier systems in contaminated ground conditions (Brownfield sites) to provide total long term waterproofing protection.
1. The key learning points and step by step guide to the standard
2. Common causes of water ingress and the consequences of poor waterproofing/ waterproofing failure.
3. Critical assumptions when specifying waterproofing systems.
4. The importance of the design team and waterproofing specialists.
5. Quality assurance and warranties.
6. Initial information surveys and site evaluation.
7. Health and safety considerations when installing waterproofing systems.
8. Construction methods and structural considerations.
9. Specifying the type of waterproofing system – A, B or C as detailed in BS 8102:2009.
10. Focus on Type A barrier waterproofing materials and modern Exceptional Performance Technologies.
11. Buildability and repairability considerations prior to installation.
12. Reference material
For more details please contact: email@example.com