Introducing the range of Bilco through-floor doors designed to provide occasional or special access between floors to basement areas for interior and exterior use.
Key considerations for specification of floor doors
- Frequency of access required
- Purpose of access
- Finish required
- Compliant with BS476: Part 22 for 1 or 2 hour fire rating
- 2-hour fire rated available as single door only; 1-hour fire rated as single or double
- Frequently used as a secondary means of escape from a plant room
- Intumescent fire resistant coating
- Pan cover can be infilled with architectural flooring material including ceramic tiles, marble, terrazzo, concrete, resin and wood for an aesthetically pleasing finish
- Automatic closing system closes the door in the event of a fire.
- Manufactured with a channel frame for used in areas where water or other liquids entering the space below the access door would cause a problem
- Single or double leaf configuration
- A choice of 300psf or H-20 loading
- Reinforced for AASHTO H-20 wheel loading for heavy external use in off-street locations not subjected to high-density traffic.
- Specified for projects or applications where the infiltration of water or liquid into the access opening will not cause a problem
- Used for interior or pedestrian-only exterior access through floors -150psf loading
- Available in single or double leaf configurations
- Option for pan type cover to accept decorative architectural flooring materials up to 25mm thick.
Floor Doors Key Features and Benefits
- Bilco Guarantee - exclusive 25-year warranty from date of purchase
- Aluminium construction - corrosion resistant
- Standard sizes available from stock
- Custom sizes made to order
- Hold open arm locks cover in open position to prevent accidental closure
- Prevention of unauthorised access through robust construction and a positive latching mechanism
- Continuous heavy-duty Stainless Steel Type 316 hinge
- Choice of options available including handrails, slip-resistant coatings, snow and ice melting cables, and electric motor operation
- Manufactured to ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015
- UK based technical team for assistance with complex projects.
Hospitals, underground stations, schools, leisure buildings, hotels, plantrooms, telecommunication and industrial applications.
View the products on the Bilco website