Glass Mineral Wool Insulation
Knauf Insulation’s high-performance Glass Mineral Wool insulation solutions contain up to 80% high quality recycled materials, to which they add sand, limestone and soda ash before being melting in a furnace.
The molten glass is spun to form millions of fine strands of wool. They use their proprietary and unique bio-based binder, ECOSE® Technology, to bind the mineral wool together to form a mat of material which is then cured in order to form the final product.
Some of the benefits of using Glass Mineral Wool over other insulants include:
a. Euroclass A1 non-combustible reaction to fire classification
b. Can be compression packed to limit transport and warehouse requirements
c. Available in slabs AND rolls
d. A variety of facings can be applied to be more aesthetically pleasing
e. Suitable for residential AND commercial buildings whether they’re new builds or refurbishments
Knauf Insulation have a range of Glass Mineral Wool products that are suitable for a number of applications including; masonry cavity walls, timber frame walls, separating party walls, internal walls and floors, built-up metal roofs and walls, pitched roofs at ceiling level and rafter level and light steel frame walls.
To view their products in more detail, please visit the links below:
• DriTherm Cavity Slabs – Masonry Cavity Walls
• FrameTherm Slabs – Timber Frame Walls
• Masonry Party Wall Slabs – Separating Party Walls
• Acoustic Roll – Internal Walls and Floors
• FactoryClad Rolls – Built-up Metal Roofs and Walls
• FrameTherm Rolls – Timber Frame Walls
• Loft Rolls – Pitched Roofs at Ceiling Level
• Rafter Roll – Pitched Roofs at Rafter Level
• SteelTherm Roll – Light Steel Frame Walls
• OmniFit Roll, Slab & Stud – Multi-application
• Universal Roll – Multi-application
Download BIM objects