To coincide with the United Nations Climate Change conference in Glasgow and the next Highways UK event, Tarmac has launched an online Guide to Sustainable Road building. It aims to help sign post highways engineers to the wide range of lower carbon and sustainable solutions available today.
Tarmac hope it will help guide decision making, inspire new approaches to highway maintenance and enable delivery of future schemes with the lowest possible carbon emissions and the least environmental impact to help meet net zero objectives.
You will find guidance on materials along with inspiring stories about how highways engineers from around the UK are using the latest technology to deliver more sustainable outcomes:
• Using lower carbon materials
• Using more recycled content
• Reducing material usage & avoiding waste
• Building roads that last longer
• Sustainable contracting
• Building better infrastructure and environments
• Stories about sustainable road building best practice
You can find more details here.